Bitafex Pty Ltd and its affiliates(hereinafter, "the Company","we", "us" or"our") are committed to protectingand respecting your privacy. Inaddition, we are subject to the Privacy Act 1988and the National Privacy Principleswhich form part of that Act.
"Personal Information" isinformation which identifies youpersonally or by which your identity canreasonably be ascertained. This mayinclude your name, address, e-mail address,and other contact details.
1. thekinds of Personal Information which we maycollect about you and how it may beused;
3. howyour Personal Information may be disclosed tothird parties;
4. yourability to access, correct, update and deleteyour Personal Information; and
5. thesecurity measures we have in place to preventthe loss, misuse, or alterationof Personal Information under our control.
Gathering and Use of Personal Information
We may collect your Personal Information ifyou use the Site, open an Accountto use the Platform or perform anyTransactions on the Platform. We may alsocollect Personal Information aboutyou from recordings of telephoneconversations between us and you (or yourrepresentatives) and from publiclyavailable registers.
Some of the Personal Information we collectis required by us to meet ourlegal and regulatory obligations (eg, informationrequired to verify youridentity). Otherwise, the Personal Information wecollect is required in orderfor us to provide our services efficiently andeffectively.
The types of Personal Information which wecollect may include: your name;your photographic identification; your address;your phone number; your e-mailaddress; your banking details including accountnumbers; your date of birth; andinformation about your Transactions.
We may use your Personal Information forthe following purposes:
1. toallow you to open and operate an Account;
2. toenable you to complete Transactions on thePlatform;
3. tocorrespond with you in relation to your Accountand your Transactions;
4. toanalyze use of our Site and the services weprovide;
5. asrequired for legal and regulatory purposes,including for dispute resolutionpurposes;
6. toprovide you with information about products,services and promotions that maybe of interest to you, from ourselves and thirdparties;
7. formarket research e.g. surveying our Users'needs and opinions on issues, such asour performance etc.
You should note that you are not obliged togive your Personal Information tothe Company, but if you choose not to do so,we may not be able to provide ourservices, or your access to our services maybe limited.
We may collect information about yourcomputer, including where availableyour IP address, operating system andbrowser type, for system administrationand to report aggregate information toour advertisers. This is statistical dataabout our users' browsing actions andpatterns and does not identify anyindividual.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Access and Changing of Personal Information
You have the right to access the PersonalInformation we hold about you, andto require the correction, updating andblocking of inaccurate and/or incorrectdata by sending an email to us. We willusually respond to your request within14 days. You may also request thedeletion or destruction of your PersonalInformation, your Account details oryour Transaction details by sending anemail to us. The Company will act onyour request only when it is notinconsistent with its legal and regulatoryobligations and complianceprocedures. Upon your written request, we willinform you of the use and generaldisclosure of your Personal Information.Depending on the nature of yourrequest, there may be a minimal charge foraccessing your Personal Information.
We take reasonable steps to protect yourPersonal Information from misuse,loss, unauthorised access, modification ordisclosure, including implementingappropriate security measures. The securitymeasures in place will, from time totime, be reviewed in line with legal andtechnical developments. However, wegive no guarantee that such misuse, loss,unauthorised access, modification ordisclosure will not occur
Retention of Personal Information